Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Introduction

Hey!
Thanks for checking out my blog!
I have created this blog to keep my family and friends updated on my work in Honduras.
I will be heading to San Pedro Sula, Honduras to teach three to seven year olds! My main purpose is to introduce them to the English language. The school is bi-lingual and families pay to have thier children attend the school. This school raises money for the Our Little Roses Orphanage for girls in San Pedro Sula. I am looking forward to working with the girls in the home after school. All of these girls suffer from abuse and abandonment and therefore not all of them are able to attend the bi-lingual school. So I will spend as much time as possible with the girls outside of school.
I will be living in a Volunteer house with four or five other volunteers. We will have a common living room and kitchen, but I will have my own bedroom and bathroom. I am eager to get into my space and set it up.
My sister Xan found an add in the Episcopal Newsletter for Our Little Roses ministries, OLRM, and sent it to me in the mail. I set the add aside and kept working on graduate school applications. As I continued to think about what I wanted to be doing after graduation it became clear that I really wanted to spend more time abroad. I started looking into OLRM and fell in love with their ministry right away. Thanks Xan for the great opportunity! :-)
So there is a brief introduction to what this blog is all about. Please stay connected! I am in need of support through prayers and financial assistance. If you have the ability to help me I would great appreciate it. My father has agreed to be my book-keeper while I am gone so all checks may be sent to his house at;
2118 N. Westnedge
Kalamazoo, Mi 49007
I would also love to receive emails while I am gone about how you and yours are doing.
My email is HStravers@rockford.edu
Thanks! Thanks! and more Thanks!
God Bless you,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment